- This lesson unit is intended to help teachers assess how well students understand the notion of correlation. In particular this unit aims to identify and help students who have difficulty in: understanding correlation as the degree of fit between two variables; making a mathematical model of a situation; testing and improving the model; communicating their reasoning clearly; and evaluating alternative models of the situation.
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Assessment, Lesson Plan
- Shell Center for Mathematical Education, U.C. Berkeley
- Provider Set:
- Mathematics Assessment Project (MAP)
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.