- This web site offers families, teachers, and tutors 80 mathematical challenges helpful for encouraging problem solving with students in grades 6 to 8. The math challenges focus on concepts and objects found in everyday life, such as how fast your heart beats, what shape container holds the most popcorn, and how much of me shows in a mirror. Each challenge contains an initial problem with a solution hint, a complete explanation of the answer, and additional problems related to the same challenge. Resources for further investigations are suggested as well. From the Printing the Challenges link on the homepage, PDF files are available for all 80 challenges in English, the first 15 challenges in Spanish, and the family resource materials in English and Spanish.
- Algebra, Geometry, Statistics and Probability
- Middle School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Homework/Assignment
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Provider Set:
- Figure This!
- Date Added:
- All Rights Reserved
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.