- This video lesson shows students that math can play a role in understanding how an infectious disease spreads and how it can be controlled. During this lesson, students will see and use both deterministic and probabilistic models and will learn by doing through role-playing exercises. The primary exercises between video segments of this lesson are class-intensive simulation games in which members of the class 'infect' each other under alternative math modeling assumptions about disease progression. Also there is an occasional class discussion and local discussion with nearby classmates.
- Biology, Sociology
- Middle School, High School
- Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Mai Perches, Richard C. Larson, Sahar Hashmi
- MIT Learning International Networks Consortium
- Provider Set:
- M.I.T. Blossoms
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- English, Arabic
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.