- This video lesson presents a real world problem that can be solved by using the Pythagorean theorem. The problem faces a juice seller daily. He has equilateral barrels with equal heights and he always tries to empty the juice of two barrels into a third barrel that has a volume equal to the sum of the volumes of the two barrels. This juice seller wants to find a simple way to help him select the right barrel without wasting time, and without any calculations - since he is ignorant of Mathematics. The prerequisite for this lesson includes knowledge of the following: the Pythagorean theorem; calculation of a triangles area knowing the angle between its two sides; cosine rule; calculation of a circle's area; and calculation of the areas and volumes of solids with regular bases.
- Geometry, Measurement and Data
- High School
- Material Type:
- Ghada Sulaiman Abdullah Marmash
- Provider Set:
- MIT Blossoms
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0
- English, Arabic
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.
Add important feedback and this resource.